Friday, December 4, 2009

Anything Can Be

Listen to the mustn'ts, child.

Listen to the don'ts.

Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts.

Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...

Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.

-Shel Silverstein

Amen, Shel! I believe that. The sky is the limit! But I forget that sometimes.

My Bible as Literature teacher, Steven Walker, shared this in class the other night. I've been thinking a lot about my dreams and goals as graduation gets closer and trying to figure out what the next step is.

Music is not an easy industry; I know that. You don't just graduate and know what jobs you're going to apply for...it's a different world. I also know that music is inside my heart for an important reason. I just want to do what God wants me to do with music. What is that exactly? Right now I don't know exactly what that is, although I have a lot of ideas of what I want to do. But I do know that if I put God first, work hard and keep trying, God will guide me and give me strength.


The uncertain future can be scary...I think it's natural for us to want to see what's ahead. But sometimes we have to move ahead and try and fail, and then try and try again. I think that's the beauty of life -- God stretches us to become more than we think we can be. He teaches us that anything really can happen, and anything really can be because He created us to do amazing things and He believes in us.

Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment