Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flashbacks from the past

My parents raised me on country music. And you know what? I love it.

Reba, Trisha, Garth, George, Billy….I love em. I grew up with my parents taking me to Reba and Garth concerts. I'd get the Reba t-shirt (I was like five years old so the smallest size they had drowned me. So Reba shirts were my night gowns). I did go through a rebellious stage though in 6th grade where I thought country wasn’t cool so I denied that I never really liked it. But everyone has those rebellious stages, eh? ha!

Why do I love country music? Well…I’ll let this video tell you why.



Besides the classic mullet...it’s just fun! It can say “You can tell your dog to bite my leg.” And hello! You can line dance to it! Yeehaw!


Now I do have to have a disclaimer, I don’t love ALL country…but there’s a lot of awesome country music out there.

Btw, there’s a sweet country concert and dance Thursday, March 25th at the Loft with Nashville Star top 12 finalist Charley Jenkins and Hollywood American Idol finalist Anna Kaelin. If you're a country music fan or just love to dance, you don't want to miss this! Tickets are normally $7 each and sold at 24tix.com. Hopefully see you there!

1 comment: