Thursday, May 14, 2009

Memories on Marco Island

I haven't posted for a few days cuz I was in FLORIDA. We stayed on Marco Island and it's gorgeous.
Favorite memories on Marco Island:
~Parasailing with my brothers and seeing dolphins
~Watching the sunset with my mom almost every night. I could watch the sunset over and over. God is an amazing artist. It's so cool how every night it's different and breathtaking.
~Going down the water slide at least 50 times with my family
~Collecting sea shells early in the morning with Mom and Dad
~Seeing starfish for the first time! (besides in pictures and movies)
~Our crazy parasailing guides who told me to "don't move - seriously don't move!" when I was getting out of the boat, pretending there was something dangerous in the water that I was about to be attacked by. Scared the living daylights out of me until I realized they were joking. Whew! Boy were they jokesters (and good at it too)! :)
~Alligators! There were tons in the everglades and brave little turtles were all around them too.
~My brothers and Dad eating alligator tail. Yuck! But interesting. They said it tastes like chicken. I like chicken but I'm not so sure about this alligator tail.

I highly recommend going to Marco Island. Beautiful, relaxing and renewing. Here are a few pictures...

Scott and Brian on the boat after parasailing
This is a very common part of the vacation where Brian and Scott wrestle each other. Boys and wrestling...I just don't get it. :) But gotta love em!

Dolphin!!! Mr. Flipper! I was so excited! If I had to be an animal, I would be a dolphin. Why? They're smart, cute, jump in the water, and are pretty much at the top of the food chain! I bet now I've convinced you to be a dolphin...
Brian & I parasailing
Those shadows are the clouds...you might have figured that out already.


Scooter and I parasailing. When we came down they dunked us in the water a little! That was my favorite part. So fun! They said they would have gotten us more if Scotty didn't have the camera with him. Oh well! Next time. Parasailing made me want to go skydiving. Are you game?


I can't figure out how to rotate this pic. Hmm.


"Have you ever watched a sunset and felt you could not breathe? What if it's Him? What if it's God speaking? Who knows how He'll get ahold of us. Get our attention, to prove He is enough. He'll do and He'll use whatever He wants to. To tell us, I love you." -Lyrics from one of my fave songs called "God Speaking" written by Ronnie Freeman, performed by Mandisa. You can listen to it here. I brought my ipod and listened to this song while watching the sunset. God is in everything. He created so many amazing things for us to enjoy and also so that we remember Him. I know He loves you and me.


"As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made." ~ D&C 88: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment