Thursday, June 25, 2009

There's No Such Thing as Perfect People



This is one of my favorite songs by my favorite artist, Natalie Grant. I saw her in concert last summer at the Utah State Fair and took this sideways video. I've looked back on it in moments for the beautiful reminder it gives me and that I often need. It's called "Perfect People." I love these lyrics:

There's no such thing as perfect people
There's no such thing as a perfect life
So come as you are, broken and scarred
Lift up your heart
And be amazed and be changed by a perfect God.

I'm learning more and more how imperfect I am. Sometimes seeing your imperfections, especially on those days when they seem to be completely up in your face, is scary and not fun. But that is why God is perfect. That is why He sent His Son to make a way.

We don't have to be perfect. God is and His love is unconditional. But we must learn to trust God and let Him change our hearts. I know He can and He will. No matter what mistakes we've made in the past or will make today or tomorrow, He can change us to be more like Him.

I have felt Him change me. I know it is not wishful thinking. It's real. We are never stuck the way we are. We were created to be something better, something more than who we naturally are. It is only through our Savior. I know it can't be done on our own.

There was a time in my life where I did feel stuck. But that was a complete lie and deep down, I knew there was a way. It just takes giving your heart. Since then, I have learned that no matter where I am, God can take the broken pieces and heal. Not just part way or temporarily, but can completely heal.

So come just as you are. If you're hurting, if you're broken, if you need healing, if you need forgiveness, if you need grace, if you need redemption, He is the perfect, the perfect God.

Listen to the entire song, "Perfect People" and other beautiful songs by Natalie Grant here.

Learn more about our Savior, Jesus Christ here.

No comments:

Post a Comment