Monday, June 1, 2009

What makes you alive?

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
~ Harold Thurman Whitman

Things that make me alive:
1) Following my dreams no matter what people say - giving it my all even if I fail. And then learning to get back up again.
2) Having deep conversations with people that open my eyes and inspire me.
3) Being around people who make you want to be better.
4) Discovering new things about the world. Traveling, meeting amazing and unique people everywhere you go.
5) Living the gospel and learning to rely on my Savior more each day. Feeling and allowing the change that Christ can make in my heart makes me feel alive. I realize that He loves me despite all my weaknesses and imperfections. And He helps me find who I really am and become more of who He made me to be.
6) Writing songs and digging down deep to express something and being completely honest with how I feel. And then being able to share it and connect with other people through music.
7) Listening to music that touches my soul. Like the first time I heard Natalie Grant's song, "In Better Hands" and Mandisa's song, "God Speaking."
8) Eating French food (specifically, crepes. Yum!). :)
9) And as you can probably tell, bright colors. And finding the good in everything that I can and noticing God's hand in my life breathes life into me. I'm not always the best at it, but I'm trying and learning.

"My father says almost the whole world's asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant total amazement."
~Joe Vs. The Volcano

What makes you alive? Comment and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Getting completely and utterly, hopelessly lost in a new city, then finding myself again, in a cafe with a cup of hot chocolate. :) I love seeing and more importantly EXPERIENCING new things, getting out of my "comfort zone" and into a situation that forces me to grow!

    ReplyDelete